Saturday

April 7, 2012: Gross!

Today was a beautiful day, and we got a lot of yard work done :)  Rob took on the brave task of draining the pond.  Ewww!  It smelled so gross!  As you can see there is a lot of algae still on the sides of the pond.  Tomorrow we will be buying some kosher salt to remedy that gross problem.  I am excited to fill it back up and buy a new batch of feeder fish.   Last year we bought 11 feeder fish.  Three of them survived the whole summer, but were eaten by a raccoon sometime in fall.  When the weather got cooler, the fish slowed way down, and I guess they just weren't able to hide quickly enough :(    Hopefully we have more survivors this year.

4 comments:

  1. I agree - gross! I hate that smell! But I love ponds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we love the pond during the summer when it's nice and clean and has fish.

      Delete
  2. Eow that is really gross

    do check out my letters at GAC a-z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is gross. Will definitely check out your blog.

      Delete